If the Absinthe revival has made a curiosity in you to try Absinthe, then you will be searching “from what site can you purchase Absinthe?”. Cost of bottled Absinthe can be quite high, over $100 sometimes, and you may not be able to get it delivered to your country. Also, you may find it difficult to find real wormwood Absinthe because of some countries legislation regarding the chemical thujone, found in wormwood. Absinthe is nothing without wormwood.
So, what’s the result?
AbsintheKit.com is one of the best site with an online store and shopping cart. AbsintheKit.com sell Absinthe essences, containing real common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), both to the Absinthe industry and to general customers. You can buy a 20ml bottle of essence for between $3.95 and $4.95 to make one bottle of Absinthe or you can purchase a kit that makes 14 bottles for between $29 and $39 – an affordable price!
Absinthe Essence Kits
The Absinthe kit from AbsintheKit.com has everything required to make real Absinthe:-
280ml bottles of Absinthe essence can make 14 bottles of Absinthe.
– A measure made up of good quality plastic to measure the essence.
– Artistic labels to decorate and label your finished bottle of Absinthe.
To make your very own bottle of the Green Fairy, mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of neutral alcohol such as vodka or Everclear and add some sugar (about 75g) if you want a smoother Absinthe. Shake the bottle until the sugar has dissolved and there you have it.
AbsintheKit.com sell 4 different Absinthe essences which all contain real wormwood and the other traditional Absinthe herbs such as aniseed and fennel. high tech carbon dioxide distillation process is used in the making of essences which ensure that you get a top quality essence.
The Four essences are:-
– Absinthe Classics Essence – For green Absinthe with a thujone content of 35mg.
– Absinthe White Essence – People who like the clear Blanche or La Bleue style Absinthes. It always louches beautifully. Each bottle has 35mg of Absinthe per bottle.
Extra ingredients of orange oil is added in Absinthe Orange Essence which gives a lovely orange flavor and a yellow-orange colored Absinthe. The Absinthe will louche more easily because it has an extra essential oil in it. With 35mg of thujone, Absinthe can be made.
– Absinthe 55 Strong – This essence brings a darker green Absinthe with a stronger wormwood flavor. Perfect for those who like that distinctive wormwood bitter taste. A bottle of Absinthe made with this essence will contain 55mg of thujone.
AbsintheKit.com ship products world wide, as long as you are over 18, and have customer support that provides answers to any questions regarding your order or about using the essences. You will find information about their products and instructions on the website itself. AbsintheKit.com also sell the most beautiful replica Absinthe glasses and spoons such as a Pontarlier style glass and Eiffel Tower spoon – which is great to use with your homemade Absinthe.
You will be required to know how to prepare an Absinthe to drink once you succeed in producing your Absinthe. Generally Absinthe is consumed by diluting it with water. The ways you can make the perfect Absinthe
– Pour down 25-50ml of Absinthe into your Absinthe glass.
– support your slotted spoon or cuillere over the glass and place a sugar cube onto it.
– Slowly pour or drip iced water over the sugar to make an Absinthe with a ratio of 3:1 to 5:1 water to Absinthe.
– Look at the Absinthe while it louches as the water mixes in to the Absinthe. This louching is caused by the essential oils in the beverage which are not soluble in water. They cause the Absinthe liquor to go milky or cloudy – a beautiful thing to watch.
– Enjoy at leisure the real wormwood Absinthe drink.
So, which site is best to purchase Absinthe from? Well, you can either buy a $100 bottle from a liquor site or you can spend $29 and be able to make 14 bottles!