Many people are desperately searching for Absinthe and asking the question “Where can I order a bottle of Absinthe?”. Absinthe became legal in many EU countries in 1988 but did not become legal in the United States until 2007 and so may people have not had the opportunity to taste real Absinthe.
Where Can I Order a Bottle of Absinthe?
Here are some tips to help you in your search for the perfect quality Absinthe:-
– Educate yourself about Absinthe, what it is, its history, its ingredients. Use online resources like lafeeverte.net and absinthebuyersguide.com to find out more about the Green Fairy drink.
– It is necessary to read product descriptions and product reviews for gathering more knowledge about particular Absinthes. Many Absinthes, such as the Jade collection by Ted Breaux, Absinthe Roquette 1797, La Boheme Absinthe Original, La Ptite Absinthe and Absinthe Clandestine, are based on original genuine Absinthe recipes from the 18th century and 19th century. One can also make these Absinthes by using traditional methods and techniques. There are also many modern Absinthes on sale on the Internet, look for ones that have won awards or that have got good reviews.
– Make sure that the Absinthe you choose contains wormwood. The thujone content of Absinthes are listed by some websites. Thujone is a chemical found in wormwood (artemisia absinthium), the key ingredient which gives Absinthe its name and slight bitter taste. The USA and the EU allow Absinthes with up to 10mg/kg of thujone to be bought and sold. One can also find anise or aniseed and fennel as basic ingredient in Absinthe. Due to lack of anise content wormwood bitters are not considered as Absinthe. The Czech Hill’s Anise Free Absinthe also is not a true Absinthe.
– There are many types of Absinthe different from the classic green or “verte” style. One must try to consider clear Swiss La Bleue styles reminiscent of bootleg Absinthes. A person can also buy different colored Absinthes like the red Absenta Serpis from Spain and Tabu Red from Germany.
– One must not ignore the alcohol by volume of Absinthes. There is 50 and 75% abv in an Absinthe. “Proof” is nearly two times of the abv.
– Before getting certain Absinthe it is necessary to get information about it from any sources.
– It is necessary to shop around to compare the prices including shipping costs.
– Educate yourself about The Ritual – the traditional way of preparing Absinthe.
A lot of Absinthe kits are available for the preparation of own wormwood Absinthe at home. A person can order for the pre distilled Absinthe essences to manufacture the real Absinthe. Such essences are available from a company called AbsintheKit (AbsintheKitcom) who supply these essences to the Absinthe industry. Just mix the essences with Everclear or vodka to produce the drink. One will have to pay $3.95 plus the cost of his alcohol to produce one 750ml bottle of Absinthe from an essence which is very cheap in comparison to commercial bottled Absinthe!
A person will get enough essence to make 14 bottles of Absinthe, a plastic measure and 14 artistic bottle labels in the Absinthe kits available at AbsintheKit.com. These kits are profitable as they are available at $29. You can also buy replica Absinthe spoons and glasses from their website.
An individual should not only focus on “Where can I order a bottle of Absinthe”?”, It is good to consider an Absinthe essence.